Duration of assignment: 12 months
Start date: October 2008
Completion date: September 2009
Description of Project: Maracas Re-development and Re-design Project – Communications Strategy
The TDC engaged Colthrust PR to provide communications consultancy for the highly contentious physical re-design of one of Trinidad’s oldest, most loved beaches. The re-development work had stimulated public concern and villager outrage. Our team’s involvement brought a strategic approach to the stakeholder interactions, media engagement, website and community outreach.
- Formulation of an Oversight Committee;
- Media relations to secure article placement;
- Creation of promotional communications tools – such as a 10-minute documentary and information brochures;
- Design, scripting and advertising placement of print campaign;
- Design of the microsite – mymaracas.com.