Peason Longman USA
Pearson Education is a leading school book producer and distributer in the USA. sightFACTORY, after sucessfully completing a number of smaller website projects for Pearson Education, was asked to redesign the corporate USA website.
Before the redesign, the longmanhomeusa.com website provided basic information about the company and incorporated some tools to assist users to get further information from sales representatives. However, the website did not present details about the books and products that company offered, but redirect users to specific book title websites, creating a disconnection from the main website and disrupted user experience. In order to purchase books online customers would also have to locate the specific book website and then link to the central online store.
Made (our solution)
- sightFACTORY Ltd. worked with Pearson Education to develop an online database of over 200 titles.
- Developed functionalities that allowed users to find titles by browsing by subject and level as well as through a custom-built search facility.
- Incorporation of social media tools
- Developed Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to embed video from their YouTube Channel and Google Calendar and Podcasting service.
- Developed a framework for programmatically linking previous disparate assets such as PDF and audio files to the books database thereby presenting customers with easy access to all resources associated with each specific book titles.
- Developed custom-built CMS components to manage products, authors, and audio
Visual (the result)
- 100% increase in online sales at the book store.
- Increase in customer retention
- The amount of time persons stayed on the site doubled.
- Increase in return visits to the website.